Friday 2 August 2013

Playing Catch Up

It seems that in the past week and a half since being back from Europe, I’ve been doing a lot of catching up. Catching up on sleep, catching up with friends and family, and catching up with paperwork for med school. And now I feel an obligation to my blog followers to catch up my blog, too.

The day after my last post at the end of June, the boyfriend arrived in Geneva to spend two glorious weeks adventuring around Geneva and Switzerland, biking through Geneva wine country, enjoying the famous Chocolate Train tour through Gruyeres (tour of a cheese factory and the beautiful Gruyeres castle) and Broc (tour of a chocolate factory and the consumption of utterly too much chocolate), attending the Montreux Jazz Festival on three separate occasions and going back stage with BadBadNotGood, enjoying the many parks and beautiful waterfront of Lausanne, spending a hot, sunny summer day on a paddle boat in Annecy (in France), and good byes at the WHO before leaving for ten days of vacation.
     

  

We traveled to Nice, and from there visited Monaco and Antibes (my favourite being Antibes) for some fun in the sun and beach-filled days, and then flew off to Paris for our final five days of vacation. We explored the Louvre, did a boat tour of the Sienne, went to the Moulin Rouge, and even caught the final stretch of the Tour de France (a real highlight), before flying home.
  

 

       

I’ve been home for a week and a half, but already Europe and the big vacation seem like so long ago! As soon as I got home I had to get together a lot of paperwork and administrative stuff for med school, which involved a lot of appointments, at the doctor’s office, bank and police department, and now I have possession of the new house I’ll be moving into with 4 other first year med students, and I could not be more excited to begin preparing for the big move. It really has been a whirlwind since being home, but I’m looking forward to the next 3 weeks before med school starts, to prepare my new house for my fresh start, reflect on my summer and everything that I’ve learned from my experience abroad, and to mentally prepare myself to begin this new, challenging chapter of my life.


More posts to come soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment